I'm Ronak. I'm a sustainable growth and marketing lover who's a fan of over-engineering things. I'm the VP of Marketing at GraphCMS, working on some great projects with an incredible team. I'm also the co-creator of BuildYourDXP, and building a Developer Marketing community with Seb Agudelo.
I'm currently the VP of Marketing at GraphCMS - A GraphQL-Native Headless CMS (slash Content API slash Content API Gateway slash Hosted Backend slash Content Database slash Backend as a Service slash other words and interpretations). I spend most of my time working on fun projects around SEO, Content, and Marketing Strategy. I'm having a blast getting more technical with my marketing and learning all about developer communities, APIs, and Content Federation.
Here's what I've been doing:
|2019 - Now||GraphCMS, VP of Marketing|
|2016 - 2019||ZenMate, Head of Marketing & Growth|
|2015 - 2016||Safari, Head of Marketing & Growth|
|2014 - 2015||Omnitripper, Co-Founder|
|2013 - 2015||Carlson Rezidor, Global Sales & Marketing Specialist|
|2009 - 2013||Four Seasons, Various Management Trainings|
Here's some other fun stuff I'm working on and/or maintaining.
- Developer Marketing Community: A community of marketers in developer-tooling. Request an invite!
- Build Your DXP: A community-curated catalog of APIs used to build DXPs.
- Awesome Marketing: A living document of marketing resources.
- Awesome Developer Marketing: A living document of developer marketing (B2D) resources.
- Developers Hate Marketing (WIP): A book on developer marketing.
- Marketing Resources (WIP): 250+ curated resources for marketers.
Selected talks from podcasts, events, and conferences.
- B2B Better: Catching up with Jason Bradwell on his podcast to talk about developer marketing.
- Decoupled Days, 2021: Speaking about Constant Business Innovation with Composable Architectures.
- Geekle eCommerce Tech Summit, 2021: Driving Business Innovation in eCommerce with Composable MACH architectures.
- Netguru Disruption Forum, 2021: Speaking about driving Business Innovation in eCommerce and Retail with Composable Architectures.
- Developer Marketing Summit, 2021: Joining Adam Sturrock, Breann Harper, and Keith Brooks on a panel discussing Marketing APIs to a Technical Audience.
Here are 6 things worth knowing about me.
- My favorite unmeasurable(-ish) metric is Time-to-Value. My favorite measurable metric is Lifetime Value (LTV).
- I love SEO and content. I equally dislike overusing spammy ads, unnecessary tracking, and shady email marketing practices.
- I hate buzzwords like gamechanger, growth "hacking", disruptive, and those rocket/muscle emojis.
- My favorite qualities in marketers are curiosity, data-inspiredness, empathy, involvement, and knowing when to admit defeat.
- 3 books that I often recommend to most people are Hit Refresh by Satya Nadella, Essentialism by Greg McKeown, and Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey Moore.
- I usually only travel for food, and I can't get sick of seafood. This is why I'll happily retire somewhere in Italy, Greece, or Portugal one day.
Planning a trip to any of the places below and looking for any recommendations on what to eat? Let me know!